SPECIAL ELECTION GOTV CAMPUS FIELD FELLOWS
Do you love democracy? talking to strangers?
making strangers love democracy?
WELL, DO WE HAVE THE JOB FOR YOU!
Forward Montana is a homegrown, youth-led, long-term grassroots organization to train, mobilize, and elect a new generation of progressive leaders in Montana.
We are seeking two field fellows to complete direct voter engagement -- one in Bozeman and one in Missoula, MT. This will include volunteer recruitment and voter mobilization. No previous experience needed; on the job training will be provided. This position will work directly with the Bozeman and Missoula Field Managers to achieve field goals and metrics in a timely fashion.
Field Fellows will work conducting civic engagement efforts on MSU’s and UM’s campuses as well as at community events from April 15th through May 30th. This will include but is not limited to get out to vote turnout phone calls, voter mobilization and event planning. Occasional travel and a willingness to work unconventional work hours will be necessary to fulfill the expectations of this position. You won't be tied to a desk, you'll meet lots of people, and you'll make change happen at the grassroots level.
Forward Montana/Forward Montana Foundation is dedicated to grassroots training new leaders through hands-on activism; as such, the fellowship provides lots opportunity for professional development. Applicants should be self motivated and accountable while bringing a sense of humor to their work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify & prioritize opportunities to mobilize voters
- Meet set field metrics each week
- Work collaboratively with fellow staff members & interns
- Recruit & train volunteers
- Conduct occasional data entry
- Passion for progressive politics in Montana
- Exceptional communication skills
- Enthusiastically engage in conversation with strangers
- Able to work weekends & evenings
Preferred Skill Sets:
- Experience with Google Docs
- Experience using VAN
Strong Applicants should be:
- Team Player
- Funny, Quirky, Cool (all broadly defined)
- Field hours will be completed in all weather conditions
- Must be able to work independently
Compensation and Benefits
These are temporary stipend positions reporting to the Field Managers in Bozeman and Missoula. GOTV Field Fellows will be paid $600 over the 6 week fellowship.
Women, people of color, individuals with disabilities, and LGBTQ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply in Bozeman, submit a cover letter and resume to Meaghan Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply in Missoula, submit a cover letter and resume to Michael Nelson at email@example.com.