The Missoula Campus Fellow will engage in voter registration and civic engagement work with a focus on the University of Montana campus from August 22 through November 11. This will include the coordination and execution of daily voter registration efforts, as well as the organization of a Student Voter Day event. Campus fellows should be able to recruit and train volunteers, as well as form relationships with relevant campus partners to maximize student participation in grassroots democracy.
Fellowship generally consists of 10 hours per week, 6 of which will be on-campus voter registration.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet set field metrics each week
- Recruit and train volunteers
- Plan Student Voter Day event on campus
- Conduct occasional data entry
- Passion for progressive politics in Montana
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to engage enthusiastically in conversations with strangers
- Able to work weekends and evenings
Experience with Google Docs
STRONG APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE:
- Team Player
- Self motivated and takes initiative
- Cool, defined broadly
- Field hours will be completed in all weather conditions
- Must be able to stand for up to 4 hour periods
- Must be able to work independently
Women, people of color, individuals with disabilities, and LGBTQ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply. To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to Michael Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact Michael Nelson directly with questions at 406-529-5134.