Forward Montana Foundation has a mission to educate, engage and organize young Montanans to shape their democracy to improve their lives and the lives of fellow Montanans. The Campus Coordinator will manage the Voter Registration and GOTV field programs with volunteers on campuses across the state. Forward Montana specializes in getting young people stoked on Montana politics and local civic engagement by donning costumes and taking your average activism to the next level of fun.
We are seeking a part time Campus Coordinator to manage the Voter Registration and GOTV efforts at various campuses across the state. This position calls for a high amount of travel and willingness to work unconventional hours. The ideal candidate would be able to build relationships with students, engage and manage volunteers, reach high capacity goals, track and report data, and create civic engagement opportunities that excite and inspire young people.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify and prioritize locations for voter registration efforts on campuses.
Meet set field metrics each week.
Recruit and train volunteers.
Data Management – Manage and maintain metric trackers.
- Positive Leadership – Works to inspire and empower those around them.
- Self Driven – Actively takes initiative, accountability, and seeks support when needed.
- Numbers Minded – Able to track, understand, and utilize available data.
- Relationship Builder – Affable and enthusiastic about building relationships with others.
- Communicative – Is an active listener, who can compelling convey a message.
- Problem Solver – Ability to overcome challenges, and present solutions rather than
- problems to the team.
- Must believe in the values of Forward Montana and be driven by our mission
- Excited about wearing a costume
- Willing to interact and communicate with strangers
- Able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Able to travel (must have valid driver’s license)
- Field work experience from event planning to data tracking
- All things Google from drive to email to spreadsheets.
- Voter Activation Network (VAN) database knowledge and experience a plus.
Women, people of color, individuals with disabilities, and LGBTQ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to Rachel Huff-Doria at Rachel@forwardmontana.org . Please do not contact with questions. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Position is open until filled but preferred start date is August 1.
We’re building an army of young people with a mission to move Montana not left, not right, but forward.
- Job Titl: Campus Coordinator
- Statu: Part Time, Exempt, Temporary
- Position Dates:ugust 1- November 11
- Locatio: Based in Missoula or Bozeman office; will travel extensively
- Position Reports t: Program Director
- Hour: 20 hours/week salar