High School Outreach Fellow
Because you believe in a Montana that believes in you.
Forward Montana Foundation (FMF) is dedicated to educating, engaging, and organizing young Montanans to shape their democracy to improve their lives and the lives of fellow Montanans. We put young people on the front lines of civic engagement statewide, basing our efforts out of our two offices in Missoula and Bozeman, and our satellite branch in Billings.
Our high school civics outreach program has taken many forms over the last few years; most recently, as a volunteer engagement and leadership training program. FMF is seeking a fellow to coordinate the expansion and formalization of the program. The fellow will be responsible for building relationships with educators and administrators to implement the program. This requires the fellow to provide support at the start and throughout implementation for educators and student leaders involved, occasionally requiring travel and public speaking. Applicants should have a passion for making real, tangible change in their communities and building the power of our generation.
- Program Implementation & Evaluation: Supporting the development of some program materials; collecting & analyzing data to better understand program and learning outcomes.
- Relationship Building: Building and deepening relationships with educators and administrators within the 3 to 5 schools selected for the 2017 civics outreach program; Providing support to educators and student leaders.
Gotta-Have Skillsets: Must be present for a candidate to move forward in the hiring process.
- Passion for building youth power
- Ability to independently manage and complete multiple tasks and projects accurately and by deadline
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of constituencies including high school students, educators, and administrators
Nice-to-Have Skill Sets: Not required, but having these skills would make a candidate’s transition into the job more seamless for the individual and the organization.
- Proficiency with GoogleDocs and Microsoft Office
- Experience analyzing data
- Comfortable public speaking
- Experience in K-12 education setting
Strong Applications will be:
- Team Player
- Self Motivated
- Funny (broadly defined)
- Cool (broadly defined)
- Ability to travel occasionally
- Shared office with Bozeman or Missoula field teams
- Will have to work during some school days (8am to 3pm)
- Compensation: 3 upper division credits
- Location: The fellow can work from Bozeman or Missoula, MT.
Women, people of color, individuals with disabilities, and LGBTQ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to Kiah Abbey, Deputy Director, at email@example.com. If you have questions or concerns about the position, please contact Kiah Abbey at 406-672-8004.