High School Outreach Coordinator
Because you believe in a Montana that believes in you.
Forward Montana Foundation (FMF) is dedicated to educating, engaging, and organizing young Montanans to shape their democracy to improve their lives and the lives of fellow Montanans. We put young people on the front lines of civic engagement statewide, basing our efforts out of our offices in Missoula, Bozeman, and Billings.
Our high school civics outreach program has taken many forms over the last few years; most recently, as a volunteer engagement and leadership training program. FMF is seeking an Outreach Coordinator to manage the expansion and formalization of the program. The Coordinator will be responsible for building relationships with educators and administrators to implement the program. This requires the Coordinator to provide support at the start and throughout implementation for educators and student leaders involved, occasionally requiring travel and public speaking. Applicants should have a passion for making real, tangible change in their communities and building the power of our generation.
- Program Implementation & Evaluation: Supporting the development of some program materials; collecting & analyzing data to better understand the Underage Democracy & Democracy Days programs and learning outcomes.
- Relationship Building: Building and deepening relationships with educators and administrators within the schools piloting for the Underage Democracy program; Providing support in implementation of the program to educators and student leaders.
Gotta-Have Skill Sets: Must be present for a candidate to move forward in the hiring process.
- Passion for building youth power
- Ability to independently manage and complete multiple tasks and projects accurately and by deadline
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of constituencies including high school students, educators, and administrators
Nice-to-Have Skill Sets: Not required, but having these skills would make a candidate’s transition into the job more seamless for the individual and the organization.
- Proficiency with GoogleDocs and Microsoft Office
- Experience analyzing data
- Comfortable public speaking
- Experience in a K-12 educational setting
Strong Applications will be:
- Team Player
- Self Motivated
- Funny (broadly defined)
- Cool (broadly defined)
- Ability to travel occasionally
- Shared office with Bozeman or Missoula field teams
- Flexible and unusual work hours
- Compensation: $12.50 per hour for 10 weeks
- Location: The coordinator can work from Bozeman or Missoula, MT.
Women, people of color, individuals with disabilities, and LGBTQ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to Kiah Abbey, Deputy Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “High School Outreach Coordinator”.