Forward Montana is dedicated to engaging and mobilizing young Montanans to shape their democracy to improve their lives and the lives of fellow Montanans. We put young people on the front lines of civic engagement statewide, basing our efforts out of our three offices in Missoula, Bozeman, and Billings.
Forward Montana (FMT) seeks a Development Coordinator for development support, including donor development, database management, special event management, and board support. The Development Coordinator will work directly with the Executive Director and will be responsible for the following duties/tasks:
- Donor research, cultivation, and relationship management
- Co-create and maintain individual donor cultivation plan
- Fundraising communications and commitment follow up
- ROCKSTAR monthly membership maintenance and development
- Support staff & board with development meeting coordination, follow-through, and thank you process
- Manage supporter tracking systems including but not limited to member and supporter lists, online donations, and ROCKSTAR monthly membership processing
- Manage the NGP database, to ensure supporter information is accurate, up to date, and searchable
- Track and update progress to revenue goals
Special Event Management
- Coordinate sponsorships for the Annual Williams Effect and Rockstar Hall of Fame events
- Plan and manage fundraising special events, including: Give Days, Rockstar Rush, Thanking Tuesday, and Annual Appeal
- Support staff and board in logistics for house parties and other development and outreach events
- Fundraising committee coordination
- Track board commitment plans
Gotta-Have Skillsets: Must be present for a candidate to move forward in the hiring process.
- Understands the importance of setting and reaching small goals while keeping broader vision in mind
- Passion for stewarding relationships with a variety of people from our donors to our interns, at parties, on buses, and in meeting rooms.
- Ability to independently manage, prioritize, and complete multiple tasks and projects accurately and by deadline
- Believes in the power of young people coming together to change the world and their local community.
Nice-to-Have Skill Sets: Not required, but having these skills would make a candidate’s transition into the job more seamless for the individual and the organization.
- Experience working with the NGP database.
- Experience with event planning.
- Experience with fundraising and donor management.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Compensation: $13,500-14,000/year; Up to 20 hours/week
- Location: This is a part time position that could be based out of FMT's Missoula or Bozeman offices.
Women, people of color, individuals with disabilities, and LGBTQ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply. All ages are encouraged to apply.
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to Rachel Huff-Doria at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development Coordinator” in the title line. Please do not contact with questions. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.