Campus Tour Road Warrior
Because you believe in a Montana that believes in you.
Forward Montana and Forward Montana Foundation (FMT) are dedicated to engaging and mobilizing young Montanans to help shape their democracy and to improve their lives and the lives of fellow Montanans. We put young people on the front lines of civic engagement statewide, basing our efforts out of our offices in Missoula, Bozeman, and Billings.
FMT is seeking a Campus Tour Road Warrior to traverse Montana registering university students from Dillon to Havre. The Road Warrior will coordinate and implement FMF’s annual campus tour slinging clipboards and doing class raps at Flathead Valley Community College, MSU-Northern, UM-Western, Montana Tech, Great Falls College, University of Providence, Helena College, and Carroll College. Applicants must be self-reliant, take initiative, love road trips, and have a passion for making real, tangible change in their communities.
- Program Implementation: Responsible for meeting voter registration goals set in coordination with the Deputy Director through canvassing, street teaming, tabling, and class raps; Should be metric driven and comfortable conducting field hours for 6 to 8 hours at a time.
- Relationship Building: Must be invested in building the power and capacity of both young Montanans and FMF; Responsible for representing FMF’s brand to long time supporters and folks new to the organization; Responsible for starting and/or deepening relationships with campus administrators, educators, and student leaders; Will host small supporter at local eateries, breweries, and private homes in each community.
- Admin & Management: Responsible for organizing, conducting quality control, and turning in all voter registration forms to the appropriate county offices; Must be organized and trustworthy.
Gotta-Have Skillsets: Must be present for a candidate to move forward in the hiring process.
- Passion for grassroots organizing and building youth power, including field work
- Ability to independently manage and complete multiple tasks and projects accurately and by deadline
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders, including peers, community partners, volunteers, donors, and elected officials
- Comfortable public speaking
Nice-to-Have Skill Sets: Not required, but having these skills would make a candidate’s transition into the job more seamless for the individual and the organization.
- Experience in planning successful events
- Demonstrated ability for proactive thinking
- Comfort with frequent change and urgency
Strong Applications will be:
- Team Player
- Self Motivated
- Funny (broadly defined)
- Cool (broadly defined)
- Field hours will be completed in all weather conditions
- Must have a valid driver's license and clean driving record (FMF will provide a rental car)
- Comfortable conducting field work, including voter registration, canvassing, and street teaming, for up to 6 hours at a time, often in a stationary position
- Will have to work some nights
Compensation: $25,000 to $30,000 per year DOE; Position is temporary (2/25-4/25)
Location: This is a full-time temporary position that could be based out of FMF’s Billings, Bozeman, or Missoula offices.
Women, people of color, individuals with disabilities, and LGBTQ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to Kiah Abbey, Deputy Director, at email@example.com with the subject line "Campus Tour Road Warrior".